LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet Column Header Titles

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the Write to Measurement File VI that creates an Excel spreadsheet.

I would like to add column names to the data file, but not sure how to approach this.

Attached is a sample file, I would like to rename the column headers that are "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2" etc

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CastleWorks

Easy Enough

Capture.PNG

Add Signal Names to the SignalsSmiley Wink

Bare in mind that "Using Express vis can help you write code FAST, but don't usually write the fast code."

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,337 Views)

That got me closer, but I am still having trouble....I seem to only be able to change a single column.....Index 0 is column 0, Index 1 is column 1 etc....but I can't seem to change the value for each individual index.

Thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,312 Views)

So I did an individual Set Dynamic Data for each individual index and wired them in series prior to the Write to measurement File VI....that works.

There might be a more efficient way to do it, but it worked.....thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,300 Views)

@CastleWorks wrote:

So I did an individual Set Dynamic Data for each individual index and wired them in series prior to the Write to measurement File VI....that works.

There might be a more efficient way to do it, but it worked.....thanks for the help!

If you leave signal index and signal name unwired the properties set in the express vi config should stick. (You may have missed the inc/dec arrows on the signal index control in the config page, you need to use them to set the reswt of the indexes at edit time)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,293 Views)