0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,283 Views)
for my last post in this topic see this link and use it
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211023
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,282 Views)

I'm a second year biomedical engineer student and we are doing a project about ECG capturing, processing and so on, and I actually started with labview only 2 weeks ago, so yes, I guess I have a lot to learn.... We have to hand it in next week so I'll try to learn as much as I can in the time I have left. I already have it installed but I hadn't realized you could simulate ECG with it as well. Up till now I've been just reading already captured ECG samples but now since I'll have to use a my Daq to acquire real-time ECG that's why I'm doing this now. Still, the code itself does work for me in matlab, and the beat detection, the problem really is that the teachers have requested that we monitor the patient continuously (we can decide how often we want to update the heart beat parameters). I thought every 3 seconds would be okay, so with sampling frequency of 1000 Hz (after going through myDaq), it would mean 3000 samples. The thing I have left is to take only the data up until the 3000th sample and analyze that; after the next 3000 Hz and so on, to update the heart beat parameters....

As I said though, I'll try to do more investigating!! And thanks to you both a lot for your suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,279 Views)

This is really an excellent project to force-feed you slightly-advanced LabVIEW Topics.

You have just described a project begging for the Producer/Consumer Design Pattern (which you can find by starting LabVIEW, going to the File menu, choosing "New ..." (the dots are important!), expanding the initial entries until you find "Producer/Consumer Design Pattern (Data)" and choosing it).

Your "Producer" is your continuous DAQmx loop, 3000 samples at 1KHz (or an array/Waveform, your choice, every 3 seconds) being sent to a "Consumer" where each Array is analyzed using tools in the BioMed Toolkit.

If you want to test out your analysis routine and don't have your myDAQ handy (and why not?  It's meant to be taken home ...), you can substitute a "Simulate an EKG signal" for the Producer loop ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,262 Views)

Okay, I'll try to find the project you mention! I don't have the MyDaq because it's part of college material and I'm currently at home. I've tried using "simulate ECG" but when visualizing it the signals doesn't move as it should-it kind of flashes left and right really fast, as if it were stuck. Anyway, I'll try with the MyDaq on Monday once I go back to college. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,258 Views)