LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpectraSuite "scans to average" function equivalent for NI's ocean optics driver?

Hi all,

I have an HR2000+ spectrometer and I'm trying to implement the "Scans to Average" function found in SpectraSuite using the NI driver: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=16710

What this function does is to average a user-defined number of scans (or integrations) within the spectrometer chip before sending off a waveform to the PC.

My parameters are to average five 500 ms integrations and output the data as one averaged waveform. I could programmatically take 5 individual waveforms and average them, but shifting that function from the spectrometer chip into LabView yields a lower signal to noise.

I'm really trying to avoid using the OMNI drivers. By any chance am I missing something obvious, like a vi in the NI driver that has this averaging scans function?

Thanks!

--Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,536 Views)

Hello Mike,

Have tried to work with the examples that come with the driver? My approach to the problem would be first to use a simple reading example to see if in that way we can improve the signal to noise ratio. In that way we can identify what is affecting the signal.

Mr.O
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,521 Views)

Hi Mr. O,

Yes, I've tried taking data using the NI driver and programmatically averaged individual integrations and then compared the S/N ratio to data taken with the scans to average option in spectra suite under identical conditions. There is in fact more noise if you average programmatically in LabView. Averaging within the spectrometer chip seems to increase the signal for some reason.

I'm hoping that there's some option that I've missed in the NI VIs to avoid having to use the OMNI drivers.

Thanks for the suggestion though,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,518 Views)

I'm also trying to figure this out my self, as well as the BOXCAR function. 

As for now I have set both integration time in Labview the same as my Spectrasuite > this did not gave me the same absorbtion vs wavelength graph

I need to know about scan to average and boxcar. if anyone know a website please give a link, that will be very much appreciated 

thanks 

=_)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,356 Views)