LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatial Point Pattern Analysis

Hello all!

I have quite a challenge for anyone who is interested.  What I want to do is generate interpolated data points in a specific area on a graph.  My application allows a user to select multiple points on a plot for measurement.  These points have 3d coordinates, meaning X,Y and the measured data at this point, Z.  Now, what I want to do is create contour plots with this measured data.  My problem is, the user can generate a completely random point pattern.  Obviously, I want to be able to generate a set of interpolated points in the "general area" where the user created the points so I can draw contours wherever I want.  I know there are a few concepts and methods of doing this, but I wanted to know if anyone has already been through this type of  dilemma using LabVIEW.  I am currently running 7.1.
Thanks for the interest!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,593 Views)
No one knows about triangulation and spatial interpolation?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,586 Views)
There was some discussion on the subject some times ago. See this thread.
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,582 Views)
Thanks for the info!  I was already able to plot with Graph3d... my problem is that my data needs to be interpolated and isnt in a specific region.  Lets say the data is generally situated in a random shape.  I then need to interpolate the data in that region and then plot it to the graph.  Do you know how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,577 Views)
If the number of points is not too high, you could use Koji Ohashi's "tripolation.vi", that I found on the web some time ago. It's not very fast, and somehow buggy when there are more than a few tens of points, but it has a great advantage : it exists ! 😉

Message Edité par chilly charly le 05-08-2006 06:41 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,565 Views)
ok! Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,557 Views)