From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatial Point Pattern Analysis

Hello all!

I have quite a challenge for anyone who is interested.  What I want to do is generate interpolated data points in a specific area on a graph.  My application allows a user to select multiple points on a plot for measurement.  These points have 3d coordinates, meaning X,Y and the measured data at this point, Z.  Now, what I want to do is create contour plots with this measured data.  My problem is, the user can generate a completely random point pattern.  Obviously, I want to be able to generate a set of interpolated points in the "general area" where the user created the points so I can draw contours wherever I want.  I know there are a few concepts and methods of doing this, but I wanted to know if anyone has already been through this type of  dilemma using LabVIEW.  I am currently running 7.1.
Thanks for the interest!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,590 Views)
No one knows about triangulation and spatial interpolation?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,583 Views)
There was some discussion on the subject some times ago. See this thread.
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,579 Views)
Thanks for the info!  I was already able to plot with Graph3d... my problem is that my data needs to be interpolated and isnt in a specific region.  Lets say the data is generally situated in a random shape.  I then need to interpolate the data in that region and then plot it to the graph.  Do you know how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,574 Views)
If the number of points is not too high, you could use Koji Ohashi's "tripolation.vi", that I found on the web some time ago. It's not very fast, and somehow buggy when there are more than a few tens of points, but it has a great advantage : it exists ! 😉

Message Edité par chilly charly le 05-08-2006 06:41 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,562 Views)
ok! Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,554 Views)