cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code different results than dll file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and also to labview so be understandable..

So, i got one source project with many sub vi's that plots graphs from excel files. I also got the exe file made after build.

The problem is, if i try to build again this project, the exe file gives me different results than the one i already have. They should be the same because i made no updates in the source code.

Can someone explain this behavior? I don't know anything about how was made because the guy who create this left the office.. I need to do some updates, but first i have to build it corectly.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,930 Views)

What exactly do you mean by "gives me different results"?  A portion of the code doesn't work the same?  The exe is not an exact bit-for-bit match (which will never happen due to timestamps being inside of EXEs, not just LabVIEW executables)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,916 Views)

the problem is not the timestamps or something... the code's behavior i think is different. from one graph are missing files.

i managed to attach a doc with the two results from each run.

i hope you can understand now

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,907 Views)

You don't explain whether you select the excel files manually or they are automatically detected by the program.

Are you running the two executables from the same directory? If not, try. BTW, are you building an exe or a dll? If it's a dll, how are you running it?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,891 Views)

it is a exe file... i ran it from the same folder, but the same result....i load the excel file manualy.... i don't think this should be a problem... i think that how i build the solution is the problem.

can i forget one dependence or something? all i did is to get the project, open it and build it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,871 Views)

It certainly sounds like you could be missing a file.  Did you copy the project from one place to another?  Is it possible that not all of the dependencies were copied?  Without knowing what this program is, or how it works, it is going to be extremely difficult to suggest any possible fixes!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BoomC'ya
Have you compared the date of the exe with the date of the source code? Are you absolutely sure that no changes were made to the source code after the build? The build specifications are part of the project. Unless you changed something there, the builds should be the same.

Do you have source code control? Questions like this should not arise if you do and use it properly.
Message 7 of 8
(2,801 Views)

I found the problem.

One of the sub vi's behavior was not ok.

I had to update it and now is working just fine.

Thank you all for the answers!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,792 Views)