LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code control Recommendation for LabVIEW

@JÞB wrote:

You could ask 12 developers and get 14 opinions.

For me, tsvn ( it's free) and the TSVN Toolkit by VIEWPoint systems ( its free) are more than enough and have a gentle learning curve with easy to understand documentation.

Anything is better than pressing Ctrl+Y!

So we did go to the different and merge tools.  This is where I really found the TSVN Tooktit outshown other combinations.  The toolkit does configure the LabVIEW dif and merge tools to work within the tsvn shell and straight from the LabVIEW IDE with overlays in the project explorer.

Two limitations that I have found.

• For VERY LARGE projects you need to dial back the overlay refresh rate.  Of course, if you have projects of this magnitude, you have other architectural problems you should be aware of. 
  • Windows keeps stealing from the limited number of overlays available for Microsoft products like SharePoint and Dropbox.   So you may have to dig around for ways to fix that for you.  This is not just a tsvn problem but common to all shell games.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 13
(463 Views)

No Git/Source Tree for me.  It's not a mature product.  Gave me so much pain.

Check in often fail.  Through me all kinds of errors.  I had to ask PM to fix the errors every time.

George Zou
Message 12 of 13
(448 Views)

@zou wrote:

No Git/Source Tree for me.  It's not a mature product.  Gave me so much pain.

Check in often fail.  Through me all kinds of errors.  I had to ask PM to fix the errors every time.

I can feel your pain 😉

git

Message 13 of 13
(377 Views)