LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Code Control

Hello Everybody,

I have the following queries with respect to LabVIEW 8.0 Professional Development system.

1) Is it feasibility to use Clearcase LT as the source code control for LabVIEW 8.0 Professional development system? (Clearcase LT is a scalled down version of Clearcase)
2) Will the graphical difference tool be able to find the difference between any two versions of the code?

Kindly help me out in this. Waiting for your earlier response.

Regards,
Pradeep Kumar P
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)
While the full Clearcase package was tested with LabVIEW 8.0, Clearcase LT was not. I am not aware if the LT version installs the required interface that would allow it to work with LabVIEW. If Clearcase LT can be accessed in VIsual Studio then it should work with LabVIEW. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you for sure that it will.

Regarding the visual comparison, Clearcase does not support the required functionality that allows LabVIEW to perform a visual comparison via Tools>>Source Control>>Show Differences. Please see this knowledge base for more information - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/55E773AAA636C69D862570D600728434
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,180 Views)