LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound File w/ Boolean

What i'm trying to do is have a sound file play as an alarm in my program rather than just a beep. When the result of my program is True the alarm will go off. I can get it to work with the beep.vi but I was wondering if there is a way to play a file with boolean. Or if there is any other way this can be accomplished?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,332 Views)
Checkout the example:  Interactive Play Sound File.vi

When run it plays a wav file.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,328 Views)
There is a play file function under the Graphics & Sound/Sound/Output palette.  Feed the path to the desired wave file into there.  Put that inside the case structure.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 05-24-2007 10:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,328 Views)

I leave an example that can provide, use it in your program

Message 4 of 7
(3,967 Views)

What are you doing???  No offence but you're not helping anyone here by clogging the forum with responses to outdated threads all on the same subject.  Plus, you really should get some more LabVIEW experience before you offer examples. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,954 Views)

Your example is not reading the wav files that you provide.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,204 Views)

CSAGroup,

After being a member of the LabVIEW Community for 4 years, this is your first post.  Congratulations.  But it is a strange comment on a very old post whose origins are a decade and many versions of LabVIEW ago.

Resurrecting old threads like this is not helpful to the Community.  For your second post, consider starting a new thread (or "New Message") and if you need help with something, state the problem clearly, provide LabVIEW code (VIs are best) the demonstrates the problem, and let the Community respond.  The clearer and more relevant the Question, the more likely you are to get a helpful Response.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- please do not continue this thread.  Start a new one.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,192 Views)