From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting COM port values into different ranges (3 analog inputs)

Hey everyone, I am trying to read a series of sensor values from 3 sensors on the Com port (USB) of my computer and graph them on 3 different charts.

The sensors will each have a different range, such as the first one will only output values to the labview program from 0-255, the second will be 400-500, and the third will be from 600-800. 

The data seen coming into the labview program from the usb port will be seen like so:

etc...

How will I be able to sort these values to different charts live time?

I have included the base program for reading all incoming values and displaying charting them.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,104 Views)

Also, if there are any alternatives like giving each value a prefix or something that would also be great.

would it still be possible to convert the values into an array then sort them even though they do not come in at the exact same time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,095 Views)
A case statement can be set for ranges. For example case 1 set to 0..255. Each case could have your separate charts.

I don't understand the prefix. A chart can only plot numbers.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,090 Views)