From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving linear equation

Is any formula to solve the below equation in LabVIEW

3*x^1/2+2*x+7*x^3/2+2*x^2+5*x^5/2=2

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,379 Views)

If you have a formula, it does not depend on the programming language. Nothing to do with LabVIEW.

Is x guaranteed to be positive?

If you don't have a formula, you could e.g. use e.g.  Newton-Raphson with a few iterations starting with a reasonable guess. A nice programming exercise. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,370 Views)

Have you tried using the formula node?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,317 Views)

@Fewoiz wrote:

Have you tried using the formula node?

It is "=2", not "+2" and he wants to solve for x.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,311 Views)

Yeah I know,  I wasn't sure if I was being too simple but assumed that he would know to rewrite the equation so that 2( as a variable) is the input and X is the output. 

X= 0.222647?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,299 Views)

Thanks to everyone for your valuable inputs.

Atlast i solved the equation by doing some modifications in the vi which i downloaded from forum and am attaching the same vi here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,281 Views)

Brabin777 wrote:

Atlast i solved the equation by doing some modifications in the vi which i downloaded from forum and am attaching the same vi here

When quoting somethings from the forum, please include a link! Do you have a link?

Why is the VI so messy?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,246 Views)

@Brabin777 wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your valuable inputs.

Don't forget that there will be quite a few more roots, some complex. In this case, there is one real root and you can find it as follows using this VI. (Of course you need to make certain assumptions about x). In the more general case, use this VI to sort out the real roots.

FindRoot.png

Message 8 of 10
(4,243 Views)

Thanks

As mentioned earlier here is the link where i got vi to solve the equation https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Solving-Math-Expression-using-Labview/td-p/2113376 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,232 Views)

Hi,

The „Solve Linear Equations VI“  works differently in PC and in Realtime. When I run the attached VI in the PC (without compilation) it gives TRUE. The same VI when I run in Real time Project (cRIO – with compilation) it gives FALSE.

I have gone through the VIs and I found different function for different target (Default & RT Target). Why its different for various target? The result without compilation (Default) is correct value. How I can use that?

Whether the DLL format is not supported by Realtime?

Thanks & Regards,

Shree

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,791 Views)