From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solenoid valves control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Gredw

I should be grateful if you can   check the attached file and let me know how to improve it.

how to wire the data from (write function)?? Is it Ok to use one channel for all the valves or shall I use different channels?? 

Is it better to use daq assistance or daqmax. Actually I need to use a trigger at some point to start the the whole process, so is the timing function enough to do so??  

Thanks 

Rajab

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,122 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rajab84

Hi Rajab,

I wired just one digital output for one valve. You should use more bits when you need to drive all 4 valves…

Btw. you should use some DO channel to output digital signals, an AI will not work here…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 21
(1,113 Views)

Thanks Gerdw

I really appreciate it. It's working fine for 1 valve. I've tried to wire 4 valves by reading from different channels,  (as you can see from the attached pic.) but it didn't work. 

Do I need to create a new channel for each valve rather than just reading from different channels??

Thanks in advance fro your kind help

Rajab

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,107 Views)

Thanks Gerdw

I really appreciate it. It's working fine for 1 valve. I've tried to wire 4 valves by reading from different channels,  (as you can see from the attached pic.) but it didn't work. 

Do I need to create a new channel for each valve rather than just reading from different channels??

Thanks in advance fro your kind help

Rajab

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,106 Views)

Hi Rajab,

no need to post that picture three times… 😄

- I would use BuildArray instead of JoinSignals and FromDDT. Or ClusterToArray instead of Unbundle and the other functions…

- The VI in your pic should work. You should define "didn't work" more detailed…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 15 of 21
(1,101 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks a lot, I figured out the problem. Actually I's using the wrong setting for the write function. Once I set it to write from single channel- single sample -1D Booleans, I start to see the LED of the models lines switching sequentially. 

It seems perfect. The only thing is : after reaching end state the last line(used for valve 4)  keeps on, I mean the LED stays  on that line which means the valve 4 will stay OPEN. However the code was written to close all of them at the end. 

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE??

Best Regards and thanks a lot for your kind help. 

Rajab

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,090 Views)

Hi Rajab,

why don't you output all FALSE at the end? Easy as it sounds…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 17 of 21
(1,087 Views)

Hi GerdW

Tha's the point, I set them 4 of them to false at close and end state but, it seems the model is not responding.  

Regarsd 

Rajab 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,072 Views)

Hi Rajab,

where did you do so?

In my last attachment this requirement wasn't know to me and so not included…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,069 Views)

Hi GerdW

Could you please check the attached pics. I thought the four false array is there to close the valves!! am I right??

Best Regards 

Rajab

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,058 Views)