From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar cell data fitting

Hi,

I am trying to use labview for non-linear data fitting of current-potential curves from a solar cell.

The equation I need to use comes from the one diode equivalent circuit of solar cells, that is:

I = Iph - Is*exp(q(Vo-Rs*I)/nkt-1) - (Vo-Rs*I)/Rp

To make it look more friendly, it is of the form:

y = A - B*exp(C*(x-Rs*y)-1) - (x-Rs*y)/Rp

I want to extract Rs and Rp, which are the series and parallel resistance of the cell.
Problem is that it is not an easily solved equation, and a simple least squares fitting method will not work.

Are there any VIs in Labview that could heplp me for fiting my data with this equation?

Thanks,

Aurelien
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,778 Views)
Do you have any sample data that could be plotted to try and get a curve fit or maybe some values that can be plugged into the equation???  Jsut makes it easier to evaluate and try to get a curve fit.

If you dont want to post your data, there are numerous VIs in the Analyze>Mathmatics>Curve Fitting section on the functions pallette that you can try to play around with.  They are very useful.

Kenny

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,755 Views)
Hi Aurelien,
I designed a software that controls a solar cell tet bed and derieves all the parameters from VI , P V curves of teh tested solar cell

Right now I do not recall what equation/parameters did i use to derieve the Rs and Rp, but i remeber using a simplified equation.

Just hold on till i search for those equations and get back to you

Regards
Dev
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,753 Views)
maybe try the Nonlinear Lev-Mar Fit (Not in Base Package) located @ mathematics, curve fitting
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,748 Views)
hey Solar dude ,
How the progression on your problem ?
I am doin something similar as well.
Maybe you could help me with mine ...
Or show me what you have done so far
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,677 Views)