LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartHome systems

Hello Im new in LabView. I need to do, for my semestral project, Smart home system in LabView. Could someone help me, give me some tips, tutorials or some project. 

First I want to integrate Alarm system, Fire system, and Health system, with answering machine. If some system is activate, answering machine need to call police, fire department or ambulance. And its need to send a SMS or to call owner of home on mobile phone.

Cuz im new in this, could someone tell me what hardware I need to use.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,774 Views)

Hi Zoran.  Sounds like a fun project.

The hardware will depend to some extent on what your primary sensors will be.

If you will just be using dry contact (relay, reed switch) or simple analog sensors, then something like:

USB-6008 might work.  Plenty of digital inputs for door switches.  How will you be sensing a fire signal?

Simplest might be a thermostat, also a good fit for a digital input on the -6008.

What do you need to measure for 'Health'?

Do any of your inputs need to be supervised (you can detect a broken or shorted wire)?  That makes

things much more interesting, but may be beyond the scope of your project.

As far as notification, you can generally send an SMS message via an email to a specific address at the

carrier.  LabVIEW has tools to send email available, this should be relatively easy.

For voice notification, things are much more challenging.  We have done Interactive Voice Menu (IVR) notifications

using a USB voice modem i.e. Zoom USB and pre-recorded .wav files.  It can be done, but this was challenging

and is not something I would propose for a new LabVIEW user.  Unfortunately the code belongs to one of my

customers so I can't share.

An alternative voice notification would be an external auto-dialer like a Sensaphone 1100.  Sends a fixed message like

'alert condition 1' when (digital) input 1 is tripped, which can be done from the USB-6008.  Much simpler approach, but

more hardware cost and less flexibility.

Lots of things to consider before you settle on hardware.  Hope this helps.

Matt

Message 2 of 3
(2,742 Views)

Thx Matt u help me a lot. For Health system want to use some cam to watch old person or some person who need health care, and I want to install some button to that person, when he/she press the button answering machine need to call ambulance. I mean this is only idea but I will try to realize it.

Thx again and if I have some question or if I something done I will put here.

Thx and all the best.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,716 Views)