LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow built executable startup time

I know this topic has been discussed before, at least in the following threads:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-do-LabVIEW-2009-binaries-startup-so-slowly/m-p/975426/highlight/...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-Built-Executable-Long-Runtime-Startup-Time/m-p/1977469/highl...

but there doesn't seem to have been much resolution.

My end users have started to mention the slow startup time of built applications, for the record I'm using LV2010 on Windows XP.The applications and deployed to a computer on a private network.

I built a minimal test app, "Hello, World!", to minimize the things that could be going on in the background. When the computer is connected to the private network (only two other devices) "Hello, World!" takes ~12 seconds to launch. Ethereal shows no extra network traffic when the app launches. Of course real applications that people are using to try and get work done can take upwards of 2-3 minutes to launch. A LV711 version of "Hello, World!" takes ~4 seconds to launch.

When the computer is disconnected from the private network, the LV711 and LV2010 applications launch near instananeously. I'd be tempted to think it's a network/firewall issue but for the fact it's Hello, World and Ethereal doesn't show any odd traffic when connected to the network.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insight?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,594 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,582 Views)

Tried that to no avail. Hello, World! doesn't use .NET anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,535 Views)
Did you try both solutions? The second one made all the difference for me. If my PC was on the network, my app started right up. Pull the network cable, and the same app took 30-90 seconds. Adding the config file brought it back in line. And here's the kicker - I wasn't using .Net either...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,510 Views)

@JasonCorwin wrote:

Tried that to no avail. Hello, World! doesn't use .NET anyways.

I know you said .NET is not used in your application. But can you give this a try ?

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,497 Views)