LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot Details of cDAQ Chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to write some VIs that will help me determine if the proper hardware (cDAQ chassis and specific modules) is connected to my system. I am looking for something similar to what is shown in MAX when you click on a cDAQ chassis. There is a section labeled 'Slot Details' that contains the slot number, model number, name and serial number of any cards (DAQmx and XNET) installed in the chassis.

Using a DAQmx System/Device property nodes will give me all the information I am looking for, but I can't find a good way to determine which module belongs to which chassis, if there is more than 1 chassis present. This method also does not include any XNET devices. I have then been trying to use XNET System/Device property nodes to find all information on XNET devices. It is then a chore to figure out what chassis they belong to.

Is there a more straight forward way to gather this information, or do i need to find a way to accomplish this using a combination of DAQmx System, XNET System and System Session VIs?

MAX Screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,355 Views)

Have you looked at the attached example?  It’s from the Example Finder (Hardware Input and Output>System Configuration>Show All Hardware.vi).  I haven’t tested to see if the System Hardware Property Node detects XNET devices, but it works great on DAQmx.

If you are concerned about distinguishing devices using this method, you can rename the devices in NI MAX.  The Alias/Resource Name should be unique and be associated with each chassis.

Also, I thought this link would be helpful. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/900717CB13B74DFE862573290028F55E

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattb1

Thanks for the reply red.free. I did look at the example from the Example Finder, but it does not group C-series cards to the chassis they are installed in. This can be fixed by looking at the prefix of each module name and pairing with its chassis, but this would not work with any XNET devices or if someone decided to change a module name so it no longer matched the chassis name.

To satisfy these needs, I expanded on that VI to pair chassis and module more robustly. 

I attached the VI in case anyone else needs to do something similar.

Message 3 of 4
(3,233 Views)

Good job mattb1.  

Make sure you mark your comment as the solution for people in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,217 Views)