LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single FP Bool control always get keydown focus??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I'm a little sheepish about posting this, because it seems like such a trite thing, but the last two very simple VI's have suffered from this problem. When entering data into a numeric control, and hitting /r, the default action is to activate my STOP button (!!). I monitored the bool's KeyFocus value while tabbing, entering data, etc, but I never see it get focus. However anytime I hit the enter key... I did a quick work-around prior by simply filtering the /r... I had planned to discard this keydown *if* STOP had focus, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Thoughts? It's quite annoying!

PS - I tried moving the bool in and out of the TAB control (used here for decoration purposes)

Cheers,

Jamie

23054iA76E29EE07CD3F24

v2009 devel. w/RT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 8bitbanger

Those pesky system booleans come with a preset Keyboard navigation that toggles the button whenever return is pressed.  Right-click ->Properties -> Keyboard Navigation then change Toggle to None.

Then consider this idea:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Get-rid-of-automatic-key-navigation-assignment/idi-p/1...

Message 2 of 3
(2,255 Views)

Nice, Thank you Sir! I figured it had to do with the system controls - I only recently started using them more heavily (along with XP's default theme....) as end-users saw it and preferred it.

v2009 devel. w/RT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,243 Views)