From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous multi-channel stimulus-response measurements

I want to measure response of several devices to a common stimulus simultaneously using PXI 4461 and 4462 DSA boards.  The example SVXMPL_Baseband FRF (DAQmx AI and AO).vi processes response of only one input channel to the stimulus channel.  I want to process the response of multiple input channels to the stimulus channel simultaneously.  All help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,259 Views)

Hi Tomlin,

Thank you for using the forums.  The example that you are referring to will need a little modification to use multiple channels.  The DAQmx read is already set up to read data from multiple channels.  It is outputting a 1D Waveform of all channels 0 and 1.  Then inside the for loop, the Array is indexed taking the waveforms for channel 0 and channel 1 and they are compared.  If we had more channels to this, we can index the other channels out and use those to compare to 0 as well.  

Here is an example of what I am talking about.  This uses channels 1 and 2 as the inputs.

Example.png

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Brian P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,239 Views)