LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous analog and digital waveform read with PXIe-6361 and BNC2120 ?

Hi there,

I am trying to collect both analog and digital signals from a PXIe-6361 linked to a BNC2120, using the attached VI. I am running Labview 2011 64bit. This is the first time I am working with digital input. On the 2120 board, I have the digital input BNC cable connected to User Input 1 and wire between the screw terminal of UserInput 1 and the P0.1 (Digtial I/O) screw terminal.

I have two questions related to this:

1) When I try to run the VI in its current state, I get the following error:

Error -89137 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:3

Possible reason(s): Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.
Property: RefClk.Src
Source Device: PXI1Slot2
Source Terminal: PXIe_Clk100
Required Resources in Use by
Task Name: _unnamedTask<6>
Source Device: PXI1Slot2
Source Terminal: None
Destination Device: PXI1Slot2
Destination Terminal: RefClockInternal

Can anyone point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this?

2) I would like to combine my regular waveforms and the digital waveform into one array which would then be written to file. I can't figure out how to combine the two different waveform types...can anyone give me a hint on this?

Thanks for your help,

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,108 Views)

Hi ClaireJ,

Sounds like a reference clock conflict. This KnowledgeBase (KB) talks about this error when using simultaneous sampling. Also, might want to check the device routes in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) as discussed here. Finally, if you are routing your PFI line over a RTSI connection, this error can occur. This KB discusses it.

As to your second question, this post should help.

------------------------------
Bill E. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,076 Views)

Thanks Bill.

Your reply regarding the second question was helpful.

Other users trying to do similar acquisition using the 4331 and 6031 may benefit from the discussion here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/analog-trigger-on-BNC2120-PXI3-6361/td-p/2011506

Cheers,

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,046 Views)