LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink model on Raspberry Pi with LabVIEW VI

Hello all together,

I have a question regarding a project which i want to realize. In this project I'm building a simulink model which i deploy on a Raspberry Pi.

For the start i build just a simulink model for controlling a simple LED with the Pi. For this i'm using the Simulink coder (Real Time Workshop from Mathworks) to deploy the simulink  model to the Raspberry Pi hardware. This is working fine. I can put the LED on and off out of simulink and can get the status of the LED back into simulink (Which is executed the host computer(Windows)). So the communication between simulink on the host computer and the model, which is running on the raspberry pi, is working fine.

My question now is how to connect my simulink model, which is running on the raspberry,  to a LabView VI.

For the beginning i just want to control the LED with a simple button out of a LabView VI. I'm not sure what's the easiest way to implement this.
I'm happy about all suggestions.

Best regards

deaken123

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,135 Views)

HI deaken123,

maybe for the Start this could be helpfull 🙂

Building a LabVIEW User Interface for a Simulink® Model with LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3057/en/

Best regards

cochse1991

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,091 Views)

@Cochse1991 wrote:

HI deaken123,

maybe for the Start this could be helpfull 🙂

Building a LabVIEW User Interface for a Simulink® Model with LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3057/en/

Best regards

cochse1991

That is unfortunately outdated as the SIT has become the MIT (Model interface toolkit) starting with LV2013. A lot of things have got changed and in particular the connection manager is no more, meaning that you can't follow these instructions.

Assuming the model is being deployed as a binary which can run headless, you would need to look at what kind of API mathworks is offering to communicate with models on RasPis. If it's dll calls you can wrap those in VIs and use those to communicate. If it's a bare bones tcp/ip protocol you could implement that completely natively in LabVIEW.

Not a Friday afternoon task! A quick search didn't get me anywhere.

Best Regards

Mathis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,069 Views)