LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Freezing

Hello all,

I am using LabVIEW 2015 with the FPGA module and running my VIs in the simulation mode using the Desktop execution Node (DEN).

I read data points from a tab delimited text file using the block below

tab delimited.PNG

Now, when I run the VI from the host, it freezes!! This is not an error in the code since the "freezing" occurs at a random data point each time I run. Is this an issue in LabVIEW's buffer for viewing? or what?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,644 Views)

Just trying to understand....

Can you explain why you are mentioning reading a file while describing freezing at random times. Where are these data points and how do you tell where it is freezing? In what order do these things occur?

Does reading the file actually succeed? Where is this file located if you are not in simulation mode?

(Sorry, I have never tried reading a file like that, so I am not sure how this is supposed to work....)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,626 Views)

If you have some data stored into an excel sheet and you want to read it in LabVIEW, you first transform it into a tab delimited text file from excel then use the VI above to read  the text file.

In my project, I then index the output of the VI into a loop that contains the Desktop Execution Node. From the ongoing loop number, I know that the file was read successfully. I also know from the loop number where the simulation "freezes", which is a random number each time I run it.

Hope this answers your questions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,591 Views)

I wonder if the FPGA code size inside the Desktop Execution Node can affect LabVIEW's viewing. [The FPGA code contains a few parallel loops, some FFT blocks, and target scoped FIFOs to transfer data in between loops]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,588 Views)

@hazem93 wrote:

In my project, I then index the output of the VI into a loop that contains the Desktop Execution Node. From the ongoing loop number, I know that the file was read successfully. I also know from the loop number where the simulation "freezes", which is a random number each time I run it.

Hope this answers your questions.

No it does not.. Can you show us some code?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,575 Views)

I attached a simplified version of the code that illustrates the overall concept.

Open the project and run the Design Simplified (Host) VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,552 Views)

Here is the text file to be read.

Please note that this code won't freeze. I am sharing it for the purpose of concept clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,551 Views)