LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated device in MAX, self tests without error and has working Test Panels, but doesn't show up in DAQ assistant.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to create a development machine where we can test new code without using our physical hardware. I've followed this guide in setting up a simulated device. I can get to step 3.2b, but the device does not show up in the DAQ assistant. In MAX, the device self tests and self calibrates successfully, and when I open the test panels, I see some sort of signal. I assume this is a default simulated input since I haven't told the device to look for anything? Note that the two devices I'm trying to create show up in the Devices and Interfaces section, but that even after running Self-Calibrate, the Self-Calibration date is still unspecified.

max_panels.png

When I try to test the device and create a voltage input according to the guide, I am unable to see either device in the DAQ task creator.

daq_assist.png

Steps 1 and 2 of this guide are obviously satisfied. Step 3 is not, but this is unsurprising since a simulated device wouldn't be found in the Device Manager anyways. Also, I am not running RT, so step 4 is satisfied.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barriboy

That would be because the PXI 5124 is a digitizer not a analog input device.  You need to use the NI SCOPE driver not NI DAQmx

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,646 Views)