From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated Device Labview App Exported Can Not Imported Labview CFG File to Real Hdw Device To Debug

HARDWARE INSTALLED NI PXI CHASSIS 1042 (8 SLOTS)

SLOT1 - NI-PXI-8110   - EMBEDDED CONTROLLER MODULE

SLOT2 - NI-SPARE      - SPARE

SLOT3 - NI-PXI-6514   - INDUSTRIAL DIGITAL I/O MODULE

SLOT4 - NI-PXI-4110   - PROGRAMMABLE DC POWER SUPPLY MODULE

SLOT5 - NI-PXI-2527   - 32 CHANNELS 2-WIRE MULTIPLEXER SWITCH MODULE

SLOT6 - NI-PXI-4065   - 6.5 DIGITS DIGITAL MULTI-METER(DMM) mODULE

SLOT7 - NI-PXI-8433-2 - RS485/RS422 ISOLATED SERIAL COMM MODULE

SLOT8 - NI-PXI-6224  -  MULTI-FUNCTION DAQ MODULE

Physical Device: PXISLOTx\PORTx\LINEX

EXAMPLE:

PHYSICAL DEVICE IS THE NI-PXI-6224 PORT0 = 32BITS DIGITAL I/O LINE1 POSSIBLE LINES(32) (LINE0 TO LINE31)

PXI1SLOT8\PORT0\LINE1 (LABVIEW PROGRAMMING USAGE FOR THIS BD(6224) I/O)

PHYSICAL HDW DEVICE NAMES:

PXI NI-6514 "DIO"
PXI NI-4110 "DC-SUPPLY"
PXI NI-2527 "MUX"
PXI NI-4065 "DMM"
PXI NI-6224 "DAQ"

USING (MAX) I CREATED THE FOLLOWING SIMULATED DEVICES (to develop my Labview applic code in non-hdw environ.)

1) NI PXI-2584 "PXI1SLOT2" (NO HDW EXIST)
2) NI PXI-6514 "PXI1SLOT3"
3) NI PXI-4110 "PXI1SLOT4"
4) NI PXI-2527 "PXI1SLOT5"
5) NI PXI-4065 "PXI1SLOT6"
6) NI PXI-6224 "PXI1SLOT8"

I AM READY TO DEBUG MY APPLIC CODE ON REAL HDW
Importing an NI-DAQmx Simulated Device Configuration onto a Physical Device - I COMPLETED THIS TASK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To import the configuration of an NI-DAQmx simulated device onto a physical device, use the MAX Import and Export functions. Select
File»Export and follow the prompts to export the desired NI-DAQmx simulated device as an .nce file stored on the computer. Select
File»Import and follow the prompts to import the previously created .nce file. Importing requires a physical device of the same type as

the
NI-DAQmx simulated device.

I CAN NOT CHANGE THE NAME(using MAX)  OF MY SIMULATED DEVICES TO REAL HDW NAMES TO RUN MY APPLIC CODE WHAT DO ???????????????????

I tried changing real Hdw device name, MAX Changed name (can change device name)
I tried changing simulated hdw device name, Max still generates error (device do not exist or name in use)

Message 1 of 2
(2,218 Views)

Hi ProjHunter,

It sounds like you have built a LabVIEW or DAQ application that uses specific simulated devices. Now, you want to use the real hardware instead of those simulated devices. If you already have this max configuration set up with simulated devices on your controller, you want to 1) delete or rename the simulated devices and 2) change the aliases ("Dev4", "DIO") of your hardware to match the aliases you had previously assigned your simulated devices.

If there is specific configuration for a simulated device (e.g., baud rate, bus number) that you want to export to a hardware device, you will be able to use the Export/Import function you mentioned (also discussed in this article) or just reconfigure manually using MAX. With only 8 devices, this is not very much work.

If there is a specific error you are still running in to, feel free to reply with a screen shot and more description.

Best Regards,

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,193 Views)