From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate niScope options

Greetings,

I want to simulate a random signal and use it for niScope instead of connecting to NIPXI5122 card. I used these steps from " C:\Program Files\Labview\examples\instr\niScope\niScope EX Simulated Acquisition.vi " as suggested in here.

I have attached the screenshot of the code and block diagram. As you see when I pick [channel 1,0] it gives me a nice sine and square waves. Is there a way to change the square wave to sine so the "scattering" also read a sine wave? I tried to use [Channel 1,1] but it gives me nothing. In general how to change or manipulate the shape of the simulating wave? It gives me an option to change the noise but I would also want to change the amplitude and frequency. 

Thank you,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,956 Views)

In that VI there is a comment that says:

"7. Use the Read function to Initiate the acquisition, wait until it finishes and fetch the acquired data. In simulation mode a Sine will be returned for channel 0 and a Square for channel 1."

So, it seems that's just how the scope acquisition works in simulation mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,934 Views)