From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate a delayed signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I have this proble: I'm making a simulation of signal propagation between a Tx and a Rx, but I need to simulate the propagation delay between the two points. The signal that i want to delay is QPSK modulated with the modulation toolkit. The point is to show the original signal, starting in T0=0s, and the delayed one (same signal but with T0= any delay value in seconds). 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,160 Views)

Hi Falastiny,

I hoe you´re fine, i want to help you with this issue but I wonder if you can share more information, if possible to share images of how you are receiving your signal to better understand the problem, if you are using a graph or a chart and what do you exactly refer to simulation, if you are using an specific HW and making a loopback test or if you are only using SW.

Also, take a look to the next forum where a similar situation is handled. Have a nice day.

How to create a time delay between the start of one simulated signal and another?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-create-a-time-delay-between-the-start-of-one-simulated/td-p/1...

Mauro Rodríguez
ELP - Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,114 Views)

Hi Maur0,

Thanks for helping me.

This is a picture of the modulator that I made

qpsk tx.jpg

The output is a QPSK signal wich start in Time=0s of course.

qpsk.jpg

I want to delay that signal any value in seconds that I want. For example, if i want a delay that signal 0,00012 s, when I merge the original one with the delayed one, i want to see the original starting at 0s and at the same time see the delayed one starting at T=0,00012 s. The problem is that I dont know how to delay the signal.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Falastiny

Que tal Falastiny,

Sin problema si pudieras explicarme la situación en español adelante, como primer idea te propongo que generes un arreglo de N elementos con valor 0, mediante la relación de cuantas elementos representan un segundo, y que a este arreglo le agregues al final la señal que estas simulando para despues visualizarla en la gráfica. Te recomiendo revisar la funciones de build array y dandole secundario selecciones la opcioón concatenate inputs.

Te comento que los foros también los puedes crear en español, existe una gran comunidad que te puede apoyar. Si tienes dudas por favor comenta, saludos.

Mauro Rodríguez
ELP - Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
Message 4 of 4
(3,088 Views)