LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Machine Vibration

hey!
which simulated wave most closely resembles machine vibratrion(machines like lathe,cnc,milling m/c)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,195 Views)
It will likely be a sinewave, that is a sinewave with one or more frequencys at various amplitudes and phases.

The exact make up will depend on where you are measuring. It could be a structural resonance excited by the rotating / vibrating component of the machine or it could be a result of bearings on the machine.

You might have some mains interference in there due to mains pick up and possibly some pick up from an electronic speed controller etc.

If there is a mechanical component which is hitting something then you might see a spike of some form due to the contact.

Any of the sample programs that generate a main signal and add noise should suffice nicely to start with. My particular favorite for this type of thing is the 'Signal Generation and Processing.vi' example as its easy to modify and see the effects of what's happening. But there are lots of others in the samples you could consider as well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,179 Views)

thanx..

i'd me measuring structural vibraton on a rotating machinery and maybe also spindle vibration

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,167 Views)
These VIs may give you a good starting point.  You can extend them by adding DC offsetts, and perhaps a chatter signal. 
Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,164 Views)

hey thanx a lot... just wat i was lookin for!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,145 Views)

hey....ne chance ne1's got versions of the above vi's for lv7? these are 4 lv 8.20

thnx

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,115 Views)
Hi DiPS,

you asked in a different thread what those 3 plots are showing:
well you asked for a simulated vibration signal and that's what you got: X&Y (white and red) are showing 2 (simulated) signals, Z (green) is named 'tacho' and probably simulates a tachometer signal generating a pulse every rotation.

Look inside the subvi to see how they are calculated!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,095 Views)