From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver numeric controls

Hi,

I noticed a small bug while converting some front panels to silver style in LV 2014.

If you replace a numeric control of another style, which has display increment/decrement buttons turned off, with a silver numeric control then the silver control appears with the buttons missing but the thicker boarder where they would be in place. If you cycle the increment/decrement buttons on then off the thick boarder vanishes

e.g replace this modern control (with buttons turned off)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,399 Views)
Can you show the image what you see explaining the bug?
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,386 Views)

I thought I had but lets try again

Replace this modern control with buttons off

control1.jpg

With a silver control to get

Control2.jpg

Cycle buttons on then off to get

Control3.jpg

Message 3 of 6
(3,382 Views)

Hi Canis,

I am an Application Engineering from the NI team. I was able to reproduce your problem not only with Modern, but Classic and System controls as well. And it is not only with the increment control but some selectable visible items on time stamp control as well.

I wanted to find out additional information from you.

1. Which version of LabVIEW are you running?

2. What operating system are you using?

I appreciate you notifiying us as I think I might need to let the guys at R&D know, but first I will conduct more research and testing on this.

Kind Regards,

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

Message 4 of 6
(3,301 Views)

@MariusU wrote:

Hi Canis,

I am an Application Engineering from the NI team. I was able to reproduce your problem not only with Modern, but Classic and System controls as well. And it is not only with the increment control but some selectable visible items on time stamp control as well.

I wanted to find out additional information from you.

1. Which version of LabVIEW are you running?

2. What operating system are you using?

I appreciate you notifiying us as I think I might need to let the guys at R&D know, but first I will conduct more research and testing on this.

Kind Regards,

1. LabVIEW 2014

2. Windows 7 Professional SP1 (32-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,297 Views)

Canis,

Based on what you told me and some experimenting, I filled a Corrective Action Request (CAR). The people at Research and Development will review it and try and implement changes to future software releases. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee when this would be taken care of as it can be a lengthy process. The request id is 504189, you should be able to look up whether the change has been made in a future LabVIEW version within the changelog.

Thank you for reporting this bug!

Kind Regards,

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,268 Views)