LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Licensing with NILicensingCmd.exe

Hi,

I have a LabVIEW executable/installer (LabVIEW 2019 SP1, 64-bit) that is being deployed to multiple windows 10 machines. I had initially hoped that by using the runtime engine packaged in the installer there would be no licensing requirement but it seems NI-IMAQdx needs a valid license even when used in a runtime environment.

I have been attempting to use the following command to do license this package silently over the command line but have had no luck. I have been following: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371136K-01/nilm/html/automating/ and https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/ni-license-manager/latest/manual/automate-activation/.

NILicensingCmd.exe /silent /activate /type package /name <package name> /version <version> /serialnumber <serialnumber>
where <package name> is NIIMAQ1394_1394_PKG, <version> is 14.0000 and <serialnumber> is my institutional serial number

The package name and version were obtained from "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses", where there is a single file "NIIMAQ1394_1394_PKG_140000.lic"

After enabling logging (NILicensingCmd.exe /enablelogging 1) I see an exception int the resulting Licensing.log "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object".

I have also tried nilmutil.exe with no luck, and with admin elevation using both cmd and powershell. I have no issues using this serial number for manual activation.

When I manually check the state of the license in Ni License Manager it shows NI-IMAQdx as being in activation mode with no local licenses.

Also, is it possible to check the state of the license using the command line?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,087 Views)

I'd contact NI.  It was my understanding the last time I checked (maybe 5 years ago) that for a Project that involved IMAQdx to be deployed to another computer, a Run-Time License for IMAQdx had to be purchased and installed on the Target machine.  We always did this "manually" where needed.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,038 Views)