LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (SNR) measurement?

Does anyone can provide me a Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (SNR) measurement VI?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,426 Views)
Depending on your definition of SNR, you have different options in LabVIEW.

If you consider distortion to be part of "noise" then the SINAD (Sine in Noise and Distortion) VI is doing exactly what you need. The VI computes the ratio between the energy of your signal and the energy of the residual signal (after your tone has been removed).

If you are interested in the ratio between signal and true noise (no harmonics), then you can, for example use the Harmonic Distortion VI to extract respectively the Fundamental signal, the Residual Signal and the Harmonic only signal and from there compute your "Signal to (residual-harmonic)" ratio.

Another more empirical method is to perform a Power Spectrum measurement on your time signal and then evaluate the level of
your (white) noise floor. Then compensate for the bandwidth of interest and for the noise bandwidth of the used window and compute your SNR from there.

All the required VIs are available from your Analyze >> Waveform Measurement palette (LabVIEW 6i or higher required).
Message 2 of 3
(8,423 Views)

Can you please show me How I can do the second and third methods you suggested ???

I  have attached the VI in this msg. 

could you correct it and send it back to me , please ?

I will be really thankful for your help !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,276 Views)