cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir

I generate two signals S1 and S2 each having 50 Hz frequency but different magnitude. Phase difference between two signals SI and S2 is 30 degree. Then I multiply both signals to get S1S2 Signal.

Now I want to simulate another signal (S3) whose frequency and magnitude should be similar to S1S2 Signal. However I could not generate similar signal. Please see the attached file containing my NI diagram and suggest the solution. How I can simulate same signal as S1S2?

I shall be thankful to you for your attention and consideration.

Kind Regards

Irfan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tronoh

Hi Irfan,

change phase to -60° and S3 will look similar as S1S2!

How I can simulate same signal as S1S2?

First: Please define "similar"!

Secondly: when you want to simulate a signal generated by multiplying two sine waves with different phase you should generate it by multiplying two sine waves with a phase offset! Simple math, eh!? (Well, it's certainly no LabVIEW problem then…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,264 Views)

Dear Mr Gerd W

Thank you for your reply. The problem I face is how to equalize the amplitude of S3 with S1S2. 

Similar means I want to have S3 same amplitude as S1S2. If we look in the graph S1S2 has amplitude -0.013 to 0.18 (Positve and negative peaks does not have same magnitude). So how we can simmulate S3 with amplitude -0.013 to 0.18?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,221 Views)

Dear Mr GerdW

I got it. Thank you for your guidelines.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,203 Views)

Hi tronoh,

with more than a hundred messages in the forum by now you should know that providing solutions for questions is the main purpose of this forum.

Do you really think "I got it solved" is a proper solution so others could avoid/solve the same problems?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,177 Views)

Dear Mr GerdW

Actually I do trignometric caluclations of S1 and S2 multiplication. So through simple calculation I calculate the frequency,magnitude,phase and offset values.

i.e. SinA SinB = 1/2[Cos(theta1-theta2) - Cos(100t+theta1+theta2)]

Kind Regards

Irfan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,166 Views)