From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side-by-side configuration error?

I'm using LabVIEW 2010 to build an executable on a Windows XP PC. The executable is being deployed on a Windows 7 PC.

If I build an executable that uses the "Acquire Input Data.vi" I get a side-by-side configuration error when launching the executable on the Windows 7 PC. If I don't include the "Acquire Input Data.vi" there are no errors and the exe runs great. The application event log shows error 59 - something about line 0 of the exe not having correct xml stuff.

Has anybody seen this error before? I searched the boards but haven't seen anyone talking about this. Maybe it will be my first official bug identification.  🙂

fyi, I am running the executable in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for both cases.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,637 Views)

yesman! wrote:

If I build an executable that uses the "Acquire Input Data.vi" I get a side-by-side configuration error when launching the executable on the Windows 7 PC. If I don't include the "Acquire Input Data.vi" there are no errors and the exe runs great.

fyi, I am running the executable in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for both cases.

Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode does not expose PCI resources.  My guess, you are tying to acquire from hardware on the PCI.  Right?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,633 Views)

I'm monitoring the current state of the left mouse button.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,631 Views)

Attached is a copy of the error. I removed the PC name and exe path.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,623 Views)

Attempting to run the exe under various compatibility modes yielded the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,603 Views)

Are you running Windows 7 64bit? and does your windows xp compatibility mode run as a 32bit machine or 64bit xp machine?

Beau H

BeauH
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,577 Views)

The PC building the exe is 32 bit Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Intel Xeon X5482 @ 3.2 GHz with 3.00 GB of RAM

The PC running the exe is 32 bit Windows 7 Professional, Intel Core2 Duo P7570 @ 2.26 GHz with 4.00 GB of RAM

Not sure on what the compatibility mode is trying to run as (I would think 32).

Does it help knowing it's an HP Touchscreen? The error is still present whether or not I have a mouse plugged in.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,546 Views)

What you could try is remotely debugging the executable, so you can use highlight execution and see what is going on, because error 59 is a network error. 

if you aren't familiar with how to create a .exe that can be debugged, here is a tutorial

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/8da679805915de40862572d5007b2f70?OpenDocument

You could also see if there is a different acquire input data vi that still does what you want, and see if the error still occurs.

Good luck

Beau H

BeauH
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,540 Views)

The remote debugging feature is not an option because the target PC is completely isolated (not networked). Maybe I will have to run some ethernet cables  🙂

I will try to find some other variants of the acquire input data vi and will report my results.

Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,538 Views)