LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorten the short pause required to edit cells?

I've got a problem with a multicolumn listbox. I'm using it to display string data to the user. I want the user to be able to edit the individual cells, which I can achieve by setting the listbox to 'editable cells' true. However, as described here , and in the LabVIEW help, one is required to select a cell, pause, then select again, to be able to enter Edit mode to change the cell contents. This, to me, seems bizarre. The pause is more than insignificant. What's wrong with a simple double-click? I can't get away with the 'short pause' idea, my clients will never be happy. So I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the timing of the short pause to something a lot shorter? Somewhere in the order of a double-click for example?

Or, alternatively, a different method for displaying a 2-D array of strings to the user in an editable form? A table perhaps? One disadvantage of a table is it doesn't seem possible to select a cell without automatically falling into Edit mode. I need the cells to be 'selected' with a single click, and 'editable' with a double-click.

Any ideas anyone??

Thoric
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,386 Views)

Hi Thoric,

may be this helps http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=326192#M326192. Make the table or multicolumn listbox  not editable, i think you can then mark a cell with a border (with a normal click) and with a double click you can show the string or numeric control to insert your data.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,367 Views)
Thanks! I already incorporated something similar, but it uses separate controls to the side of the multibox to edit / insert its elements. I'm using the 'doubleclick?' boolean from an event structure to determine if the user wants to edit an element, and if so copying the entry to an independent control for user editing. Works well enough for me 🙂

Many thanks for the reply! Most appreciated Smiley Happy

Thoric
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)