LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shining LED light with a specific time interval

Hello all :

I'm very new to LabView and infact, I just downloaded the software. I apologize for asking a basic question, as this is a high time in my experiment to start learning Labview from scratch.  Let me explain you my situation and queston :

I'm researching on mice brain . At this stage, i need to stimulate a neuron by shining an LED light on it for every 5 seconds. I was told that, shining light for every 5 seconds can be automated if we use LabView. So can you pls suggest how to proceed with this.

I know i must download the drivers of my LED light source in order to connect it with LabView. Once I'm done with that, how should I proceed? Is there any previously writen code for that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,627 Views)

Check out this tutorial: http://www.ni.com/example/31410/en

It should get you started.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,622 Views)

Will you find a ready made mouse brain stimulation program???  Doubt it. Smiley Very Happy  But the good news is it should be a very simple app to program and get your feet wet with LabVIEW.  There may or may not be drivers available for your light source.  What is the make and model?  What kind of timing accuracy do you require? 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,596 Views)

What are the specifics of the LED driver you are using?  It is hard to give advice on this without that information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,571 Views)