From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting back of sequence structure

Hi everyone,

I have 3 sequences which runs from 0 --> 1 --> 2. Is it possible after running the last sequence and continue with the sequence 1 then to sequence 2 again without running via sequence 0 or stop the program??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,218 Views)
You can't jump between frames of a sequence structure, but you can place a while loop around it which will cause it run over and over. Then, you can place a case around the code you don't want to run and use the case condition to decide whether or not to run it.
A more elegant solution would be to use a state machine which allows you to go to a different state each time. Search for it on this site to learn more about it.

To learn more about LV in general, I suggest you read the LabVIEW user manual. Also, try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here is one you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide.

(2,214 Views)