From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Scripting

How can run an application or software from LabView at run time. Basically I want to run NI Max software provided by NI from LabView to measure the S-Parameters and then save them into CSV or excel file. I made a VI for measuring S-Parameters but it take around 6 minutes to give 1000 point between 2 GHz to 6 GHz. But when we measure by NI Max then it takes second to measure and save then into an excel. The VI on which I am working is attached below. Kindly tell me what I am doing wrong and also recommend me the solution. Also tell how can I save the complex numbers with fractional real and imaginary parts in CSV file or excel file. Kindly tell what can I do to continue my work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,768 Views)

Your logging will be REALLY slow.  A few things to help your speed:

1. Use a Producer/Consumer to move your logging out of your acquisition loop.  This will allow your logging and acquisition to happen in parallel.

2. Do not use the Write Delimited Spreadsheet String.  That VI opens and closes the file each time you do a write.  That will kill your speed.  Open the file before the loop and do not close it until after the loop.  Inside of the loop, use Array To Spreadsheet String to create your formatted data and then Write Text File to write the data to the file.

3. Since you know how many measurements you are taking, you really should use a FOR loop.  You can still enable the Conditional Terminal to exit sooner.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,760 Views)