LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables across network using Windows 10

Problem Description : I have two PXIe-8840 processor modules running LabView 2017 SP1 with an Ethernet connection between them.  No other devices on network.  Application A sends commands via TCP/IP to application B, who responds with status using a shared variable. TCP/IP interfaces (both direction) work well.  Reading the shared variable from application B works, but application A doesn't see it.   If I run both applications on a single processor everything works fine. The ultimate goal is to control a PXIe-6592R board, so there is some FPGA stuff in the project, but it is commented out at this point. I have tried this running with the development system and as executables, with similar results. I have read through the "Troubleshooting shared variables" article as well as two other documents discussing shared variable set up and considerations, and tried the suggestions, but it still doesn't work. NI Software :  LabVIEW 2017 SP1 Professional Development System, Application Builder, Shared Variables, NI Hardware :  PXIe-8840 ,  OS :  Windows 10

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,896 Views)

Hey TBRay:

Basically summing up, you are writing to a shared variable in one controller and trying to read it in the other one but this only works one way, is this correct?

Is there any difference between the software installed on each controller?

I would maybe try to write and read the variables in the Distributed System Manager, just to take LabVIEW out of the equation and narrowing down on the issue

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,861 Views)