LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables RT Target Deployment Issues

Hello,
I am using a cRIO-9074 and labview 2012. Ive run into a issue that I haven't seen before where recently added shared variables, don't appear to work while the cRIO is running from start up. I have added some shared variables; two array of doubles and a integer, to my project which are being sent through a data stream to a HMI, When I deploy the VI to the cRIO from the project the variables in question work perfectly. I am able to see the data on the HMI. However, when I build and deploy my RT executable, the recently added shared variables do not work yet other shared variables work fine.

I'm at a loss as to how to tackle this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,358 Views)

Where is your SVE running (RT or Windows PC)?

Beside your RTexe there is a *.aliases file that points to the SVE. Check that against what you expect.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,304 Views)

Another thing I would check is if all the shared variable lvlibs are listed as "always included" in the "Source files" tab of the RTEXE's definition.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,299 Views)

Hey T._P_Tithering…,

Hope you're doing well, please take a look at this article which hopefuly could be helpful to you:

"How Do I Deploy Network Shared Variables from a Compiled Executable?"
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/04D9A85B6967EE87862571140065EEC6?OpenDocument

Regards,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,261 Views)