LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable suddenly stopped

I have a data logger running a Labview 8.6 executable that writes solar array data to a file.  The data also is written to network-published shared variables for another Labview 8.6 executable application that string concatenates an XML file together along with data from the shared variables that creates graphs for a website.

The programs worked great, running 24/7 for several months.  I was able view the data remotely on NI distributed system manager. Then suddenly the program stopped writting data to the variables.  The data logger still runs, writting data to a file, but nothing to the shared variables.  The NI distributed system manager still sees the variables but indicates "no known value". 

The program runs fine on my local machine with the Labview, but not on the remote machine running the executables.  I changed the variables from network-published to single process but it still refuses to write to the variables.

Anyone know why this would suddenly stop working? My gut tells me something changed on the remote PC but I don't know what.

MarkAPC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,440 Views)
Message 2 of 3
(2,422 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,421 Views)