LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable refuses to deploy correctly!

Solved!
Go to solution

My problem seems like one that has been encountered before, but with no good answers on the NI documents or forums. When trying to run a VI that deploys shared variables, I keep getting an error that the shared variable engine cannot be found. This seems to be almost random, because I was able to deploy shared variables perfectly fine. It might have been when I restarted my computer that this problem started to occur.

I've tried disabling the firewall, that had no effect. LabVIEW 2009 reports the following when I try to run my VI:

"LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x8BBB0005) Unable to locate variable in the Shared Variable Engine.  Deployment of this variable may have failed.

This error or warning occurred while writing the following Shared Variable:
\\.\fake_data\flow_sh
\\.\fake_data\flow_sh"

I'll include all pertinent files so that you can see exactly what I'm doing. The purpose of the fake_data program is just to practice using shared variables, very simple. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory

my shared variables are working again, I just opened up cmd.exe and typed:

net stop "national instruments variable engine"

followed by

net start "national instruments variable engine"

Message 2 of 6
(3,826 Views)

Is it possible you meant "net start ..." for the second command? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,824 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,820 Views)

Hey GregoryJ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I had very similar issue. I fixed it by resting the database and using your methods. I did had to run cmd.exe in administrator mode to execute your commands.

Resetting the database

Refer to Angela L. comments

I did had to alter your commands little but that was simple enough.

net stop "NI variable engine"

followed by

net start "NI variable engine"

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,720 Views)

I also found error messages (4) on Windows Event Viewer (Windows Logs/Application). They were continuously accumulating in the Event Viewer until I reset the database and restart the variable engine.

Error 1

Log Name:      Application

Source:        NI Configuration Manager

Description: CmxsNeoStorage::RestoreBackup - Attempting to restore MXS database using a backup.

Error 2

Description: CmxsNeoStorage::Open2 - MXS initialization interrupted - An MXS init file found meaning the last MXS initialization may not have completed.

Error 3

Description: Opening configuration database.

Error 4

Description:  Failed to open configuration database: Error Code = 0x8004032A

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,712 Views)