LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Network Variable not in Distributed System Manager

Solved!
Go to solution

I am experiencing this with LocalHost.   I have 2 computers A,B.  On A I can read a SNV created/shared from B.  However, I need to use a SNV on A to A (I am not sure why, I inherited this project and it is not commented at all).  So I create it and I see it on my D:\\ drive.  However, when I go to NI DIstributed System Manager, there is no library under localhost.  So I write to it in one VI and call it in another, and I get "DataSocketRead in VI" with code 56.  Not sure why I cannot get it is the manager.

I ahev attached the library in case something is wrong there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,305 Views)

Have you created a LabVIEW Project, put the Shared Variable Library in the Project, then run some code that uses the Shared Variable?  I'm pretty sure that just having the Library copied to Computer A won't make it show up in A's DSM -- I'd think you would actually need to use it on A for it to show up.  Once you've done that, however, it should persist (my machine has several Libraries still hanging around from tests and abandoned Projects ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,301 Views)

Yes it is in the project

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmaslek

Have you right clicked and deployed the shared variable library?

If this is a built executable in properties of the bulder you need to check to deploy shared variables.

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
Message 4 of 6
(3,290 Views)

That was it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,286 Views)

You're very welcome.

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
Message 6 of 6
(3,261 Views)