LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Limits on Variables

Hello, 

This is sort of a repeat post and I am pretty new to LabVIEW, but I am currently using a USB-231 to read voltage, current, pressure, and radiation from several sources. Each variable is increased incrementally. What I would like to do is write something that states if any of those variables goes above its limit, it forces that value back to what it was at before. I tried using in range and coerce inside a case structure but there seems to be a lot of flaws in doing that. I attached a jpeg of the portion of my VI that involves just the voltage variable. If anyone has any feedback or if I need to clarify something please let me know. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(691 Views)

@tjhanks wrote:

Hello, 

This is sort of a repeat post and I am pretty new to LabVIEW, but I am currently using a USB-231 to read voltage, current, pressure, and radiation from several sources. Each variable is increased incrementally. What I would like to do is write something that states if any of those variables goes above its limit, it forces that value back to what it was at before. I tried using in range and coerce inside a case structure but there seems to be a lot of flaws in doing that. I attached a jpeg of the portion of my VI that involves just the voltage variable. If anyone has any feedback or if I need to clarify something please let me know. 

Thank you!

What kind of "flaws" are you talking about?  All the issues I know of simply stems from the lack of knowledge about floating point numbers and/or the fact that a programmer might not be aware that you can change the configuration of the terminals to make then end points inclusive or non-inclusive.

Normally the output of the In Range And Coerce is used as the input to a case structure, so I think it is best if you posted your code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(684 Views)