LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set data for the x-axis

Hi,

I made a program which allows the user to configure and measure Temperature and voltage using a DAQ device. I also set a possibility for the user to save his data of his test to lvm file and then upload and read it on a waveform chart. My problem is that while the user  gets multiple plots represented in the y axis (the different Temperature/voltage channels signals of the DAQ), the x-axis is set to time by default.

How can I change it? I would like to allow the user to change the x-axis from time to one of the plots of his tests data.

for example, lets say I get 2 signals of temperature (mod1/ai0 and mod1/ai1) and 2 signals of voltage (mod2/ai0 and mod2/ai1) on the y axis (amplitude) during 3 hours (represented in x-axis) and I would like to allow the user the option to play with the data so he can see temperature on the y axis as a function of the voltage on the x axis (instead of time) and the option to configure any kind of combination while the program is running (set mod1/ai0 in the y-axis and mod2/ai0 in the x-axis, for instance).

I have tried various things but nothing seems to work. It looks like it is very easy to change plots between multiple Y-axis with property node of "Active plot" and "Y scale index" but I can't figure out how to change plots from the Y-axis to X-axis and vice versa.

I hope this clumsy message is somehow clear..

Thanks a lot in advance,

Shahar L.

Detectomat Gmbh

Hamburg, Germany

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,137 Views)

Hi Shahar,

You will have to use an XY graph, not a waveform chart, if you want to set the X-axis data.  Under "Find Examples", see "Fundamentals"..."Graphs and Charts" for some examples of XY-graphs and how to use them.  You can't change the X-axis data of a waveform chart, as you have discovered.

Hope this is helpful...

Diane

Message 2 of 3
(2,132 Views)

Hi Diane,

Thank you very much for your reply. of course you're right and I need to use a graph.

this was the first part of the solution. the second was to use 2 Select Signals vi's and assign 1 

to the x-axis and the other to the y-axis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,102 Views)