cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set cell value excel numeric format

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody!

I am working with Set cell value.vi to send data from labview to an excel worksheet. The only thing I cannot achieve is the changing of the cell´s format. For example, I send "-0.00049997" and it appears as "-5.00E-4". My goal is to show "-4.9997E-4" but I am not able to change neither the width of the number nor the digits of precision. Is it possible to modify the format of the cell?

Thank you in advanced.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,062 Views)

Try this link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,050 Views)

Thank you Ranjeet for the link, but I think it is not helpful for me because I don´t have the Report Toolkit, so I think I don´t have access to that VI they are talking about for modifying...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,034 Views)

If you dont have report tool kit then how you are using set excel numeric format ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,028 Views)

I am only using Set cell value.vi. I found it in "Write Table to XL" example that came by default.

I cannot change the format of the cells without that toolkit?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ibvp_ss

You just need to set the NumberFormat of the cell you are writing to. The format in the snippet may not be exactly what you want, just adjust it accordingly.

Set Cell Value with Range_BD.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 6 of 7
(4,017 Views)

Thank you very much .aCe.!

It works perfect now.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,987 Views)