LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set IP Address Request Mode for cDAQ-9189 programmatically

I would like to be able to set the IP Address Request Mode (static, DHCP/Link Local, DHCP only, etc) for a cDAQ-9189 programmatically. I know I can do this for network adapters on my IC-3172, but since the cDAQ does not read as a network adapter, I cannot use these property nodes. This setting is editable in MAX, so I figured it would have a counterpart in the LabVIEW environment. Please see my attached code for what I am trying to achieve. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Note: Attached code is intended to run on an RT controller connected to the cDAQ. See system setup below.

Hardware Setup:

My PC (LabVIEW 2017) -> IC-3172 Ethernet Port 1

IC-3172 Ethernet Port 4 -> cDAQ-9189 

Software:

My PC: LabVIEW 2017

IC-3172: LabVIEW Real-Time 17.0.2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,575 Views)

Hey Jason,

Have you seen this community example yet? It looks like the property nodes you would be needing and is meant for the cDAQ-9188 so I believe it should work for the 9189 as well.

"Programmatically Change Network Address of cDAQ 9188":https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Programmatically-Change-Network-Address-of-cDAQ-9188/ta-p/...

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,531 Views)

It is interesting that the code you suggested DOES work through "MyPC" if I directly connect the cDAQ-9189 to it. However, if I try to connect the cDAQ to my Industrial Controller and run, the Initialize Session does NOT work when passed the IP address of the cDAQ-9189. Additionally, if I run the Find Systems vi from the System Configuration palette on the Industrial Controller, the cDAQ DOES show up in the list. I have captured the error I received when trying to initialize session using the cDAQ IP address and attached it.

I don't know if its a limitation of RT systems or just specifically Industrial Controllers? Any answers you could find would be very helpful. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,524 Views)