From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servomotor connected and controlled only by arduino but monitorization the pulse in labview

Hello,

I'm doing a project where I'm going to have a servomotor with a pulsating cycle and strain gauges. My goal is to put the arduino to control the servomotor but be able to connect the strain gauges and the arduino to the labview to be able to monitor both things at the same time.
I would like to control the servomotor only by arduino but see the servomotor pulse and strain gauges deformation in the same graph in labview. It's possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,102 Views)

What you are attempting to do is most certainly possible, it's just how you go about it:

• What are you using to measure the outputs of the servomotor pulse?
  • What are you using to measure the outputs of the strain gauges?

By establishing this you will be one step closer to creating your graph!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,026 Views)

Hi Vi.King,

The strain gauges will be connected to an NI chassis and I connect directly to Labview.
The servomotor is only connected to the arduino, the connections are in the image below. Do I need anything extra to be able to monitor the servomotor pulse?
I'm new to arduino, I apologize for my ignorance.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,019 Views)

Don't apologise, I am also very new to this; I plan on producing a project with Arduino soon too.

I also don't know much about servo motors; however, the linked website has some useful information about data lines in servo motors and might give you an idea of where to measure the pulses. 

Which characteristics are you trying to display? Frequency? Pulse Width? Amplitude?

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,013 Views)

Hi,

I need to know how many cycles the servomotor did. With my wrist I can tell when a cycle starts and ends. Therefore, I would like to have a graph similar to the one in the image.

transferir.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,005 Views)

Just had a thought, so long as your servo motor is functioning correctly, you should be able to take the count straight from the Arduino, as it is this that controls what the servo is doing.

It looks like there may be a way you can connect this to your NI Chassis?

Servo Motor Basics with Arduino | Arduino Documentation | Arduino Documentation

Just some ideas, I'm not a doctor 😉

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(996 Views)