LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Configuration programs

I have managed to create a nice little program that allows me to configure my OPC VI Server. I can access that program by putting in the file path as an input to the "configuration path" input on the VI SVRG Add server Row VI.

Once I have registered my server I use the "Server Browser" tool to open the configuration. This all works but I can't get it to close afterwards.
Normally a LabVIEW VI would close when all Actions have been completed but this functionality does not seem to be programmed into the engine.

What I have tried:
Change VI properties to “close panel if originally open” (Didn't work)
Use VI server to close the panel (Worked but always gives an error)

Help

Phil McDermott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,377 Views)
Have you used the Interactive Server Tester? Go to Tools>>LVDSC>>Advanced>>Interactive Server Tester. You can diagnose the problem easier that way. You can launch your server and still be able to view the diagram of your configuration VI. You might have to call into support and send your VIs if you still can't figure out why it is not closing.
Joji
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,377 Views)
The interactive server tester is a nice little tool, however it is the configuration window that is not working. The file that is being run it the one refrences in my "Configueration path" connection to my server registering VI. I get the problem when I run the configuration program from the server infomation tool.

Any thoughts
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,377 Views)
Hi Phil,

The VI Setup options for "Show Front Panel when Called" and "Close Afterwards if Originally Closed" will only affect a VI when it is called as a subVI, not as the main VI.
If you load your config UI from the Server Browser, it will load the config UI with VI Server by setting the VI property FP.Open to true. Once you are done with your VI-based Server configuration you should be able to close the configuration VI by setting the FP.Open to FALSE.
I've done a small test and I did not get an error in my case. Perhaps, you see the error from another error "wire" passing into the FP.Open property node? Or, what is the error you got?

Hope this helps

Roland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,377 Views)