LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial port access time slows in version 6 to 7 upgrade

Hi - I am in the process of upgrading an project from LV 6 to LV 7,  the serial port access works well in LV6 but after the upgrade, the serial port access is slow in LV if the application is compiled into an exe.  We are running Windows 2K on all machines and have installed the LV7.0 runtime engine on the PC that is running the executable.  If I run the application on a machine that has the full LV7.0 development  software on it, the executable runs just like it used to under LV6.0

What am I forgetting??  The application is built into one exe that has all of the sub vi's included.  I have checked the box on the application builder that says included serial port support.

Help! - We have 3000 PCBs sitting in manufacturing waiting to go to test until I solve this problem

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,283 Views)
Here is an update, the machines that I was trying to run the exe version on had the full blown LV 6 development software installed on them.  When I uninstalled LV6 the delays for accessing the serial ports when away but I still cannot communicate with the device that is connected to the serial port
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,269 Views)

Hi

I just recently finished a project in which I had to upgrade code from LV 6 to LV 7.1. After I did that the serial port actually worked but all the Fieldpoint devices that were connected to the system didn't work. The problem ultimately was the NI Fieldpoint Drivers. After I installed the newest drivers from NI everything worked perfectly. I don't know why your problem is occurring, but I wanted to reasure you that there isn't a problem with the serial ports when upgrading to LV7.1 (I don't know about LV7).BTW, I had LV6.1 development system installed on the computer, but didn't have the LV7.1 (All I had was an EXE file).

So, try installing the newest drivers. Maybe that can help.

Ami 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,263 Views)
You have to have the VISA runtime engine installed !!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,253 Views)