cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number case selection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

Any VI example to show how by using case selection on serial number?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,538 Views)

@stevenson_john80 wrote:

Hello All,

Which serial number are you talking about. Is it serial number of LabVIEW which is installed in your machine or serial number of some kind of product??

In most of the cases the serial number will be a 'String' data type and by simply connecting it to the 'Case Selector' terminal, the Case Structure can be controlled.

Please the attached example VI.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,520 Views)

Hi modertor1983,

I had older LV version 8.5.1, how can i open LV2009? Any way to convert it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevenson_john80

Find same VI saved in LabVIEW 8.0

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,468 Views)

@stevenson_john80 wrote:

Hello All,

Using a case structure to take actions based on a serial number is a difficult way to go.  Every time you add a new serial number, you'd need to update your VI.  If you used a typedef'd enum to contain your serial numbers, it will make it easier to edit the VI.  But you still have to edit the VI.  If there are some kind of distinguishing features of the serial numbers, you might be able to make it a little easier.  For example, if you could extract the number part of a serial number, you could base your choices on a range of serial numbers instead.  If all you want to do is recall data for a serial number, simply name the folder with the data to something that includes your seriall number (e.g., ABC_1234 Data Folder) then build your path using the serial number + " Data Folder".  If you added a timestamp to the name of the folder as it was being generated, you could even separate the different runs.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,440 Views)

Hi guys,

Thanks you for your advise and example. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,393 Views)