LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication problem

Hello I will want to order solenoid valves via an Arduino board. But as soon as I connect the card the solenoid valves work without I start the VI.
Even when I start the VI the solenoid valve stops and when I stop the VI the solenoid valve remains in operation.
I am a little lost what to do.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,726 Views)

1.   Make sure all your terminals on the block diagram have visible labels.  Some of them are blank.  (Right click >  Visible > Label.  Put in a meaningful label when it is blank.)

2.  Made sure all your terminals on the block diagram have readable labels.  For some reason they have a tiny font.  (Select all the terminals, Hit Ctrl - 1.  If that doesn't help, hit Ctrl - 0 and pick a readable font like Tahoma 13).

3.  If the solenoids work when you connect them to the card without starting any software, then you have an electrical problem.  Did you wire up the solenoids correctly?  Maybe there is a default setting for power on state.  Maybe you are dealing with sinking vs. sourcing outputs?  Maybe you need a resistor to bias the outputs to ground?

4.  When you stop the VI, and you want the solenoids to stop, then you need to program that you want to turn them off before the VI ends.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,723 Views)