LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication data manipulation

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do serial communication with the atmega 164p and rtc-ds1307 clock, where I want to display the date and time in a VI.

The problem is I don't know how I can arrange the data I'm getting from the microcontroller to display the info.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(788 Views)

This version of LabVIEW is too new for me to open, but in general, you read the data, parse it according to the manual, then display the values as appropriate.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(739 Views)

@gabonacho wrote:

The problem is I don't know how I can arrange the data I'm getting from the microcontroller to display the info.

Well, that would depend on how you are sending the data from the microcontroller.  Can you can any of its code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(716 Views)

I am guessing you know how the data coming from the microcontroller is formatted.

Watch this video and it should answer most of your questions. As you are making all the same mistakes people make their first try at serial communications in LabVIEW.

VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(712 Views)